Butter coffee has quickly caught on in the wellness industry, for all the right reasons. This plant-based superfood beverage is made of black coffee blended with grass-fed butter and MCT or coconut oil. Some swear by starting their day with this hot and unique cup of coffee because they say it helps suppress hunger, promotes weight loss, and provides some mental clarity. It is the bulletproof coffee nutrition everyone desires and can't wait to get their hands on.
But what to do if you're plant-based?
Whether you eat a vegan diet, or butter and dairy simply aren’t your thing, how do you hop on this trend? What if you don't do coffee or caffeine?
Well, I’m here today to share something I am quite excited about—My Plant-Based, Coffee-Less, Dark Chocolate Superfood Latte. Alert the press: This is going to be the next hot thing in the wellness space.
For staters, inside this sweet and satisfying latte are a handful of ingredients I like to have daily for their wide range of health benefits. I use Califia Farms Almondmilk Creamer instead of the traditional butter to make this creamy and satisfying while keeping things plant-based. I also love that Califia Farms Almondmilk Creamers are low in sugar despite their seriously dreamy flavors. They're also non-GMO; carrageenan-free; and have no gluten, dairy, or soy (all super important in my book!).
Here’s how I make it:
Coffee-Less, Butter-Less, Adaptogenic Latte
- Use ½ cup of Califia Farms Unsweetened Almondmilk
- Add ½ teaspoon of cacao powder
- Use ½ cup of hot water (you can also use Califia Farms Cold Brew Coffee heated up, but it won’t be caffeine-free then!)
- Add 2 tablespoons of Califia Farms Almondmilk Creamer (I used the unsweetened)
- Add ½ teaspoon maca powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut or MCT oil
- Add ½ teaspoon of ashwagandha powder
- Also ½ teaspoon of vanilla bean powder
- And finally ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
Add ingredients to the blender.
Blend on high for about 30 to 60 seconds or until the tea, Almondmilk Creamer, oil, etc., mix well.
Pour into your favorite cup and enjoy!